DEVELOPMENT OF AN AUTONOMOUS SYSTEM FOR THE ANCHORING OF MARITIME STRUCTURES
Development of an advanced and standardised autonomous caisson anchoring system, reducing dependence on human resources, minimising risks and maximising the efficiency of field operations. The integration of the practical knowledge of FCC Construcción, the development of advanced numeric models for the study of the dynamic behaviour of floating caissons and the incorporation of advanced control algorithms will allow us to develop a unique system that will position the consortium at the forefront of construction methodologies for shelter works using precast concrete caissons.
- Development of a hydrodynamic model, which is capable of forecasting the dynamics of the caisson during the anchoring phase, including first and second order wave loads, also integrating the effect of the wind on the structure and of the currents.
- Development of a model for the simulation of specific anchoring systems, used to estimate impulsive loads.
- Development of a control system that is capable of autonomously managing the caisson anchoring process.
- Integration of the developed numerical analysis tools and the proposed control algorithm for their training, maturation and optimisation.
- Development of a laboratory testing campaign that allows the validation of the numeric developments proposed in the project and the empirical validation of the automated anchoring system through accurate reproduction on the largest possible scale in the laboratory.
- Equipment sizing and selection for the integration of the new control logic, and their subsequent incorporation into the usual type of caissons in the construction of vertical dams.