FCC Construcción publishes the 2022 Sustainability Report Update
FCC Construcción has published the 2022 Sustainability Report Update, which shows the organization's behavior and performance in environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals framed in the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations.
This document is an update of the 2021-2022 Sustainability Report with data for the 2022 fiscal year in order to maintain the transparency that characterizes the company, with respect to the company's performance in terms of sustainability.
Sustainability milestones achieved
- Preparation of the FCC Construcción 2023-2026 Sustainability Strategy, approved by the Sustainability Committee, in addition to the publication of the Climate Change Strategy 2023-2026 as part of the Climate Action line of the former.
- Thanks to the application of Good Environmental Practices, in 2022 more than 3,000 tons of particles were no longer emitted into the atmosphere.
- FCC Construcción improved its environmental performance in 2022, decreasing the consumption of materials and energy, which is proof of its commitment to efficiency in the consumption of natural resources.
- More than 10,000 ton of GHG emissions reduction compared to 2021.
- Reuse of almost 400,000 m3 of water from the sitework, increasing its value by more than 50% with respect to 2021.
- FCC Construcción achieves, for the third consecutive year, the goal of verifying the GHG emissions of 100% of the countries in which the company operates.
- Strengthening HR policies, as well as continuing to incorporate all the changes from the labor reform approved in 2022.
- The implementation and continuous improvement of training tools such as "CAMPUS FCC", which brings knowledge and training opportunities to the members of the company throughout the world.
- V Edition of the International Program for Young Talents, with training that aims to promote the development of recent graduates.
- FCC's presence in specific health and safety forums and business organizations (FIEC, SEOPAN, AEC, INSTT, etc.).
- 2.5 million euros of investment in R&D&I, 19% of which corresponds to issues related to sustainability and the environment.
- Development of a BIM Implementation Plan 2022-2025.
- In the area of governance, in 2022 the Competition Policy has been approved, new training on the Code of Ethics and Conduct has been provided both nationally and internationally, and the risks of the Criminal Compliance Model have been reassessed, among others.
We invite you to download the Sustainability Report Update by clicking here.