RECYCLING RECYCLING STEEL MAKING SOLID WASTES FOR ADDED VALUE ENERGY EFFICIENCY BUILDING PRODUCTS
REWASTEE offers an alternative for the inertization, stabilization and recycling of EAFD (Electric Arc Furnace Dust), by encapsulating it in an EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) – a durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane ) matrix and adding organic compounds acting as a phase change material (PCM).
REWASTEE is aimed at:
- Reduction of environmental impact of the steel sector, using tons of waste diverted from landfills.
- Introduce into the market an innovative building material and set up the industrial methodology required for the efficient processing of steelmaking waste and their reintegration in productive chain.
- Reduce the environmental and economic cost for steelmaking sector associated to waste management and disposal (150 €/Ton and a cost reduction up to 4M€/year).
- During the project in the pilot place (Spain): Up to 600 Tn of EADF will be inerted, recycled and diverted from landfills till 2017.
- Substitution of petroleum derived materials: 33, 6 Kg of CO2 avoided per Kg and 0,17 Kg Benzene avoided per Kg of REWASTEE panels produced.
- Reduction of energy consumed con and derived CO2 emissions during the use phase: up to of 10 kg/year of CO2 per m2 installed.
Project ID: 630286